RADIO AND STREAMING PR
Mushroom Promotions are looking for a music lover to join their close knit team of 18. Based in our Sydney office, the successful candidate will play an important role in the iconic Mushroom Group, Australia’s leading independent entertainment group.
As an integral department of the Mushroom Group, Mushroom Promotions facilitates all publicity and promotions for Frontier Touring, Frontier Events, Illusive Presents, Sugar Mountain, Good Life and domestic record labels; Liberation Music, I OH YOU, 100s + 1000s, Ivy League and Soothsayer, along with international labels; Liberator Music and its affiliated labels.
Working in a full-time capacity as part of our radio and streaming team you will be responsible for promoting our label artists and tours across select media partners. This is an exciting new role that will allow the successful candidate to showcase their passion for some of the best of Australian and International new music.
- Service, develop and maintain relationships with allocated media
- Assume day to day publicity and promotional activity for Touring and Label projects with allocated media
- Complete and update planning, scheduling and various department systems
- Supervise and conduct on-ground promotional schedules and phoner schedules for Touring and Label artists
- Work with the label managers, touring coordinators and Artist Relations Managers to develop comprehensive and proactive PR plans and timelines for the development and maintenance of artists with a view to maximising sales and their profiles
- Work closely with Touring and Labels on a day to day basis, determining their priorities and requirements for each artist
- Monitoring allocated media for coverage relating to Touring and Label artists and compiling reports
- On-going maintenance and development of centralised media/industry contacts/database
- Generate press releases for various projects as required
- Attend concerts, events and launches in a work capacity out of regular business hours as required
- 2+ years previous paid publicity experience (radio servicing preferred)
- A strong involvement and passion for the music and live entertainment industry
- An in depth knowledge of current international and domestic new music and trends
- Manages own time effectively and clearly identifies processes and steps that need to be taken to meet role requirements and objectives across multiple projects
- Communicates clearly and concisely in all types of environments both verbally and in writing
- Actively participates as part of a large team to support and achieve common goals and the best results
If you think you are the right person for the role please submit your cover letter and CV to email@example.com by Wednesday 29 March 2017.